The history of Leyland Trucks dates back to 1896. It was at this time that they started the Steam Motor Company. This then evolved in 1907 to Leyland Motors where the first petrol engine vehicle was produced, and today Leyland Trucks is a subsidiary of Paccar Inc. They employ around a thousand staff and produce 50 trucks per day. The fifty two week project was to provide an additional floor on top of an existing two storey office accommodation, also with a full refurbishment of the existing office space on the lower floors. This includes extending the staff restaurant, upgrading office space, toilets, medical centre and establishing a conference and visitors centre. This £6million project was carefully designed and planned with the Leyland Trucks management team who PSA had previously worked with on their manufacturing facility.